Monday, March 24, 2014

Martinsville Half

This was a great race! Well run and such a positive vibe. It was a real easy going, in terms of packet pickup, parking packet pick up.  This is one of the reasons I like small races.  I personally need lots of people cheering me on. Fun Race. It took place in town and then on a park trail.  I really liked seeing the super runners in the front several times. Everybody was real positive cheering each other on. There were some great hills and coming from the Fredericksburg area, I was a little worried. Post race swag, was great. I really like the blanket, I was hoping for at best a Mylar blanket at the end because it was chilly. But a fleece blanket was a nice change.  

My race was great. I've been working on strict heart rate training and tried to make sure that I didn't over extend myself and I felt great the entire time. I started out real slowly and picked it us as the race went. At the half way point, I was at 1:20. At the end I 1:09.40. I have some work to do on my racing strategies. So ended up with a 2:29.40. There were some sweet hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment